All JobsWhether you are looking to climb the ladder, relocate, change career, or simply redress that elusive work life balance, contact Connect. From admin to accountancy, sales to secretarial; we offer access to admin and commercial jobs across the board and across the country. This section allows you to search and browse current jobs. We advise that you also upload your CV so that we can contact you with details of any future vacancies which may be of interest to you.
Our client, a company headquartered in Co. Westmeath, is currently looking for a Procurement Specialist to work across both the Westmeath and Dublin offices.
- Identify, assess, select and develop global/local suppliers that can meet requirements.
- Manage various CPS purchasing categories.
- Define and execute, in collaboration with stakeholders to ensure continuity of supply, lowest total cost, highest standards of quality and service.
- Lead supplier negotiations and contracting both locally to ensure sustainable competitive supply and compliance.
- Ensure robust risk management processes and mitigation plans exist for packaging.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Suppliers. Develop an effective network within relevant industries and key stakeholders to ensure that the business is kept fully abreast of key market developments.
- Actively support the achievement of CPS and individual business objectives in the areas of cost, quality, service, innovation, compliance, and capability.
The ideal candidate
- 5+ years relevant procurement or supply chain experience including negotiations, contract management, and/or financial analysis, direct and indirect procurement, supply chain, logistics or operational experience preferred.
- Operational experience and exposure to working in a multi geography environment is preferred.
- Experience conducting regular business reviews with suppliers and Internal Stakeholders.
- Negotiation Skills, Contract Execution; ability to carry out bids to completion and evaluate total cost of ownership.
- Strategic category management and contingency planning experience.
- OE tools and principles working knowledge.
- Demonstrated Project Management experience.
- Strong SAP and MS Excel skills.
- Analytical-thinking and problem-solving.
- Bachelors/Master's Degree in a business administration, finance, or supply chain function such as Operations Management, Business Analytics, Accounting, Supply Chain, or Logistics is highly preferred.