Remember, you never get a second chance to make a first impression!
Consider the below points when preparing your CV
- We’ve told you a million times not to exaggerate!
- If you have had a career break, do account for the gap in time
- Be able to back up any facts and figures
- Detail your employment starting with your most recent employment and working backwards
- No longer than two pages is recommended
- Keep the layout straightforward and easy to read
- Keep the reader’s interest with short sentences and clever use of punctuation e.g bullet points, italics, and bold font.
- Highlight any wins or successes
- Nothing is more off putting than badd speling…
- Include details of one or two main interests, it builds a more rounded picture of your character
- Always ask a reliable third party to review your CV