Our client, a company based in Co. Westmeath is currently recruiting an Accounts Assistant.
The role is a permanent position and will involve assisting various departments throughout the business. The working hours for the position are Monday to Friday, 8:30 – 17:00.
Reporting to the Directors, the successful candidate will be responsible for the processing and control of all financial information systems and ensuring procedures are strictly adhered to. They will be responsible for preparation of monthly management accounts and preparing weekly and monthly management reports for review by the directors. You are also required to support the Office Administrator in their role.
- Full responsibility for management of the finance function of the Office.
- Timely issue of Sales invoices.
- Accounts processing & reconciliation including Bank Reconciliation, Debtor & Creditor control.
- Coordinating and managing transport arrangements for export business.
- Understanding and managing foreign currency transactions.
- Payroll for a small team.
- VAT & PAYE Returns and relevant ROS filings.
- Preparation of weekly sales and profit figures.
- Budgeting and Cash flow forecasting.
- Preparation of Monthly Management accounts and analysis of variances.
- Preparation of information for external accountants to produce statutory accounts.
- Dealing with ad-hoc queries in relation to various aspects of the existing businesses and any potential new businesses that may arise.
The ideal candidate
- Previous Accounts Assistant experience
- Purchasing, Sales and Nominal Ledger experience, including data entry
- Strong organisational & numerical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent English
- Strong IT Skills
If you are interested in this role, apply below or contact Daniel on 087-4392889 to find out more.