Due to continued growth & expansion our client a leading consulting engineering company based in Dublin are looking for a Consulting Engineer to join their practice. The successful candidate will have the option to work full-time from home if they so desire. You can work anywhere nationwide for this position.
The role advertised is for a BIM/CAD technician working in a Civil & Structural consulting engineering practice. The work will be under the supervision of more senior technicians and engineers. All works will be carried out in accordance with the company ISO procedures.
The successful candidate will be expected among other duties to:
- model civil and structural engineering infrastructure using Autodesk Revit.
- produce general arrangement drawings for both civil and structural infrastructure in CAD.
- develop sections and details from basic general arrangement layouts.
- check and review of all project related drawing before issue.
- attend site inspections and building appraisals with more senior technicians and engineers.
- liaise with design teams and building contractors.
- ensure quality procedures are being implemented on projects.
- A higher certificate (NFQ level 6) in Civil Engineering or similar relevant course.
- An excellent working knowledge of both REVIT and AUTOCAD.
- Experience in working on BIM projects in accordance with PAS , BS 1192:2207 & BS standards.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 3-5 years post-graduate experience in a design office with at least 2 years working on Revit.
- A thorough understanding of construction materials and construction methodology.
- Excellent communication, organisational and analytical skills are required.
- Key attributes that are also necessary include efficient work methods, working both as part of team and on own initiative.
- The ability to manage several priorities at once will be required as will a high level of commitment to success.
- Proven commitment to CPD.
- Experience with production of reinforcement drawings and details using CADS RC while not essential would be a distinct advantage. Training in this area can be provided.
- Previous experience of working in an Irish consultancy practice is essential for this position.
- Salary NOE
- Work from home
- OT paid after 37.5 hours (Optional)
- Flexible working hours