Our client, a plant hire company based in south Dublin, are currently looking for a Garage foreman to join their expanding team on a permanent basis. As the liaison between workers and supervisors, the foreman will be the key person in charge of overseeing the completion of the project with a keen awareness of material expenses, permits, and employee safety.
- Oversee and ensure that all safety rules are always being followed at all sites
- Produce work schedules in accordance with the availability of employees, contractors and labor laws and monitor the attendance of crew
- Coordinate daily tasks according to priorities and plans, adjusting as necessary due to weather, supply delivery, and personnel
- Ability to delegate responsibilities and individual projects to the crew and contractors.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, manage and train employees and contractors
- Provide for adequate resources and staffing to meet safety needs, regulations, best practices, laws, and project schedule
- Emphasis on the safe use of tools, machinery, and equipment including training on safety gear, helmets, and procedures
- Develop and oversee quality standards on all sites
- Monitor and manage project budgets on all sites
- Resolve conflicts or miscommunication that may happen on-site quickly and amicably
- Report project status to supervisors, site engineers and officials regularly
Requirements & Qualifications
- Diploma or certification in a skilled trade (electrician, carpenter)
- Previous experience as a workshop foreman/plant manager role within the plant industry
- Extensive knowledge of construction best practices, equipment maintenance, and use, and OSH guidelines
- Understanding of use and maintenance of electrical and hydraulic systems
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Aptitude in math and strong problem-solving abilities
If you are interested in the position, please apply below or contact Daniel on 087-4392889 to find out more.