Our client, a food manufacturing facility in Longford, is looking for a Production Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
This role is to ensure that production targets within the business unit are consistently met through the effective management of people and processes.
- Co-ordinate & manage the cooking and packing of multiple products.
- Oversee daily factory production ensuring that handover from shift to shift is carried out in an efficient manner especially in relation to handoff of shortages and maintenance issues
- Ensure target yields are achieved for all products on all lines
- Responsibility for ensuring that the Production Plan is executed correctly, by communicating correctly and accurately with Supervisors and staff.
- Ensure all plant equipment is run to its full potential and that downtime is recorded accurately and is minimized through careful planning and organization. This is especially important at shift handover
- Ensuring the Area is managed in a controlled fashion that reflects the high quality standards and that the Area meets all GMP standards all of the times
- Ensuring all products from the lines are to the correct specification thus ensuring optimum product yield efficiency
- Ensure the working area is safe at all times completing walk-abouts each shift observing the working areas and operations ensuring best practice is applied
- To manage staff in accordance with Company Policies, in particular the Hygiene, Food Safety, Health and Safety and HR policies
The ideal candidate
- Qualification in Food Science as well as experience in a similar role within a food manufacturing facility
- Strong and consistent Leader
- Strong people management skills with a proven ability to communicate, engage, motivate, influence, and build strong working relationships with people is required
- Results orientated
- Quality Focused
- Confident and Decisive
If you are interested in this position, please apply below or contact Daniel on 087-4392889 or email Daniel@connectrecruit.ie