Project Manager - Sweden
Our client are offering the opportunity to be part of a motivated and energetic workforce who are market leaders in the area of High Tech Construction and Engineering.
They are currently looking for a Project Manager to oversee a large Data Centre Project in Sweden on a 8+ month contract. In this role you will manage all contract construction issues, ensuring that the project is installed safely, to a high quality, in a timely fashion, and within budget. Travel is essential.
All travel and accommodation are covered by the company.
- Responsible for managing all project activities including design, procurement and construction.
- Implementing all project related quality procedures.
- Implementation of all quality and safety procedures and ensuring that all personnel and subcontractors are in compliance with these procedures.
- Making sure that all documentation is in place to allow work to proceed.
- Ensuring that agreed construction schedules are in place and agreed with the client before commencement, and monitoring progress to ensure that relevant targets are achieved.
- Monitoring non-conformances and ensuring that relevant reports are completed and reviewed with construction director within two weeks of occurrence.
- Maintaining client relationships, and ensuring that all commitments made are achieved.
- Ensuring that all materials, plant, sub-contractors and labour are allocated to the project in sufficient time to ensure that target dates are met.
- Making sure that the project is constructed on or below the budget amount provided at tender stage.
- Ensure that all scope changes are communicated back to the commercial department and approval is obtained prior to commencement of scope change site activity.
Key Requirements of the role include:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Extensive Knowledge of modular construction methods.
- Organised with the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Good project management skills including use of Microsoft Project.
- Strong administrative and computer skills required, for example; Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Google Packages (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs).
- Have excellent interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills.
- Proven track record of ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise deadlines using own initiative.
- Ability to take a professional, organised and positive approach to problem solving.
- Access to company car if required as part of the role.