Our Longford based client, a leading company in the Medical Device industry are currently looking for a Purchasing Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. This role is a permanent position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design, plan and implement sourcing and purchasing strategies
- Manage & negotiate resin purchases for the Irish site of both short lead-time resins and long lead time resins
- Manage & negotiate the purchasing of all masterbatches/colorants
- Manage & negotiate packaging (Boxes, Bags, Pallets) purchases
- Manage & negotiate all non-stocked purchases
- Always ensure sufficient stocks of all the above are available for production to support the 24/7 operation.
- Work with Customer service on customer component forecasts in planning raw materials for the factory
- Maintain all BOM’s on the ERP system
- Maintain a database of approved suppliers
- Negotiate with suppliers for best pricing models
- Search and source potential new suppliers and vendors when required
- In conjunction with Finance, Track, measure and analyse company expenditures
- Determine and track Purchasing KPIs
- Reviewing, monitoring and updating sales order entries to the ERP system.
The ideal Candidate
- Previous working experience in a Purchasing function, in a high-volume manufacturing environment, for minimum of 5yrs
- Hands on experience in budgeting and purchasing management
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Problem solver with a strong analytical mindset
- Excellent customer service skills
If you are interested in this position, apply below or contact Daniel Phillips on 087-4392889.