Our client is currently recruiting for a Transport Coordinator in Dublin.
This role will Co-ordinate the execution of the schedule provided by the Transport Planning function effectively through the hauler network.
To ensure haulers adhere to the plan, to site rules, to customer expectations and relevant regulations and meet the criteria set by the company. Ensure best in class transport services are provided, whilst protecting the commercial and legal best interests of our client.
- Be the point of contact for all Haulers, liaising daily to ensure they provide the service required at the level agreed
- Ensure haulers have the tools and information required to fulfill their duties.
- To manage the on-boarding and setting up of any new haulers.
- Provide driver training program on a standard basis and when required to meet Customer & internal site requirements.
- Ensure all Haulers are compliant and operating within current best practices in particular those outlined by the RSA, Department of Agriculture and anything pertaining to EH&S.
- Organize and facilitate outside training or accreditation as required.
- Update all systems in a timely manner to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Analyzing reports, this would include routing reports, mileage usage, tachographs where relevant, truck maintenance reports, and other service reports and action any discrepancies arising from these reports.
- Deal with plants, depots, suppliers and customers ensuring quality of service and managing any complaints or service issues/requests that might arise.
- Manage the cost associated with the transport activities and challenge the planning team where suboptimal plans have been deployed.
- Relevant, proven experience in Transport Management.
- Ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Results driven, performance capability in a fast-moving business environment.
- CPC qualification desirable.
- Transport planning software experience desirable.